The Marathon Move

It has been a rough two weeks trying to get my legs back underneath me.  Two weeks ago I had to forego my usual weekend run.  Going through the moving process over the last month and moving from a furnished home to an unfurnished home.  So on a Friday night I left Orlando at 5 minutes before midnight for a 8-and-a-half hour bus trip to Atlanta.  This was the heartachingly hardest part of the journey, and it was only the first leg.  The bus offered free wi-fi, which on the surface sounds like a great thing.  I mean House of Cards had just dropped on Netflix and I was also watching the second season Quantico. So imagine my surprise or disdain or BOTH!!!!!  when Netflix and Hulu were both blocked on the wi-fi.  Eight hours trapped inside a large soda can with no streaming services available.  Even Spotify was blocked!  So I did my best to get some sleep on the bus trip before the sun rose knowing that I would be awake the entire time after that.

Once I arrived in Midtown Atlanta, it was time for the short second leg of my trip.  I simple 2 mile walk to the U-Haul center to get the 27-foot truck that I reserved.  And after this simple 2 mile walk, i remembered what I least missed about Atlanta, the hills, especially during the late spring and summer seasons.  But today the hills were a great way to get the blood flowing again.  Then I had to get used to driving the big 27-footer again, and what better way to do that than driving on I-85 and I-285 in Atlanta.  Driving in Atlanta can be challenging enough, having to do it in a huge truck can be heart stopping at times.  Luckily, legs 2 and 3 of this trip went smoothly.  Now all I had to do was load up the truck and head south.

Loading the truck went smoothly.  The movers that I hired showed up on time, quickly and efficiently loading the truck in an hour.  Which was great because I was expecting it to take closer to two hours with some of the things that have been collected over the years.  With the loading done, it was time to head south.  Again, navigating the I-85 and I-285 corridors were difficult.  But once I was far enough south, the journey eased up.  The traffic eased up in the amount of congestion and the lanes seemed to get wider.  The last leg of this trip only became challenging again when I reached Gainesville.  This is when the mini-rain showers that I had been encountering finally became one big deluge.  And for the last 2 hours of my drive home, it just rained, rained, and rained. But luckily I completed this marathon journey to-and-from Atlanta in  20 hours when I thought it would take me as long as 23-24 hours.  

Please help support my 2nd Annual campaign in support of Girls on the Run.  Any donation amount goes to a great cause by supporting scholarships, academic resources, race entries, shoes, water bottles, and much, much more.  If you would like to donate, please click on the link below:


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: